Know The Osmosing Volume

Thursday, November 09, 2006

On a Severe Lack of Motivation

It's 2:15 AM.

I have a large Japanese test tomorrow.

I also have a 400-character essay due tomorrow.

I also have some biology due tomorrow.

I have not started any of it.

I was never what you would call and excellent student. People who are able to just do work for long periods of time and get stuff done before the night before amaze me. I have never been good about getting things done. But lately it's been unreal. I would never have done this before. I never just.... didn't do work. But I just can't seem to make myself care very much.

Oh, I'll write that essay. Anything I have to turn in, I do. But I am not good at studying and I'm certainly not good at doing readings when they're due. I hope that it's just because it's my senior year and I've been doing school work for 10 years and I'm tired of it. I guess it's a good thing I'm not going directly to grad school.

Working in the lab is my only comfort. I really enjoy playing with squids, and being meticulous about my work there. It's real, there. It's not just because someone wants me to hand something in.

Some day I'll be a professor, and all my students will hate me because I won't get their tests back to them by any reasonable time period. But then I will get to call the shots, and it won't matter, so long as I'm good at teaching.

Sigh. Stay tuned for the first installment of The Squid Chronicles.

3 Comments:

  • The Squid Chronicles?!?

    What?

    By Blogger mysti skye, at 1:36 AM  

  • holy god do i understand your pain. Its a common theme in our family (except for mom, of course).

    on a seperate note i can't remember my username for my new blog, so ill just use the old one.

    By Blogger Monty Jaus, at 3:52 AM  

  • remembered it.

    good luck on getting your motivation back.

    By Blogger Monty Jaus, at 3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home