Know The Osmosing Volume

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Why It's Best Never to Rely on Anyone

They'll always let you down.

People are so fucking lazy. No sense of adventure, I tell you.

Well, the person I end up with better have a damn well developed sense of adventure, because otherwise I will go nuts. At the very least, they have to be willing to go along with mine and end up enjoying themselves most times.

God, I hate people being all over the place with their promises.

The deal:

Plan originally was to go to South Dakota for fall break. That ended up falling through because of a bigger problem, that wasn't anyone's fault. So my dear housemate Elizabeth and I decided to go on a trip to Michigan and visit such lovely sights as Felch Mountain, Michigan, and the furthest north point of the state, surrounded on three sides for a very long way by Lake Superior.

Originally, this trip was supposed to have seven people on it. One ended up not being able to go because of a concert that she thought was Sunday but was actually Saturday. Another was not able to go because his house was the one we couldn't go to in South Dakota (family problems). Another, upon hearing that we weren't going to South Dakota, immediately made plans to do some other stuff with some other people (and didn't know that we'd be replanning).

However. When Elizabeth and I made the new plan and I broached the topic to the remaining two people, they both said "Yeah! Definitely! Sounds like fun!"

Three hours later, and they've both cancelled because "they feel like being lazy."

... yeah.

So maybe I'm demanding, and maybe I expect people not to give their word if they're not going to do something, and MAYBE I expect people to respect their significant other's desires on how to spend their own vacation regardless of what you want... but I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

Is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home