Know The Osmosing Volume

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

How can you like being slimed on?

I have often thought that people who need to profess their love for their significant other in a public, blatant way are pretty insecure, both about themselves and their relationships. You are, in effect, shouting to everyone who can see/read/hear you, "LOOK AT ME!! I CAN ATTRACT SOMEONE!! I HAVE WORTH BECAUSE I HAVE A BOY/GIRLFRIEND!!! AND S/HE LOVES ME TOO!!! LOOK!"

There is no need. That is what your room is for. That is what emails are for. That is what your indoor voice is for. That is what telephones are for.

Honestly, no one gives a shit about you or your relationship except you, your significant other, and a few of your close friends and family. The rest of us really don't need or want to see it. Put it away for special times! Interact in a way that is not contingent upon having another person glued to your side!

I don't know which is worse: new love, or old love that is still sickeningly sacchrine.

And for those of you who are getting your hackles up, no, I'm obviously not talking about kissing your loved one goodbye in public, or interacting in a close fashion in public. I'm not against affection. I like being affectionate with my friends and significant others regardless of where I am. But the kind of drippy, goopy crap that goes on sometimes is just...

For the love of God. Put it away.

Furthermore: if you yourself have expressed a distaste for this sort of thing before, then it's rather hypocritical of you to say nothing to put a stop to it now, isn't it?

Dag, yo.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home